I bought an old friend this exact journal before she set off for a 3 month long Europe excursion… We were friends for 5 years, sisters; sometimes lovers, we did everything together in our early twenties. Most of my excruciatingly vibrant memories, profound growth, life-altering instances & travel experiences include her participance.
I miss her so much, in so many ways, on so many days… She is not dead, but rather her spirit is. Her unabashed honesty was consumed by an ease of lying. Her stoic bravery tainted by a cocky over-confidence that trampled any other extrovert in her company. Her shining personality became grimy with the insatiable mold of a desire to be the most important person in a crowd.
She broke the hearts of those she claimed her allegiance to by loving others behind the backs of the ones that loved her blindly.
Bittersweet are some of my greatest memories, for my mind recalls them as a mouth would: to taste a decadent sweetness of a rare, seasonal fruit… only to have its succulence corrupted in the midst of savoring by the rusty infusion of a bitten tongues blood. The fruit of my memories with her will forever be tainted by the betraying slaughter of distrust.
And yet, still, I am so grateful for her.
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.
The houses we build for ourselves are made of #words.
How every day should start..
This is a Leopan, it’s the offspring of a male leopard and a female lion.
What do you see?